September 19, 2011

Red Lobster-Style Cheddar Biscuits

Being on a budget can be no fun at times. Hubby-to-be and I have a wedding to pay for in less than two months (I can't believe it's almost here), so we've been keeping a tight leash on our finances. That means eating out less, which is just as good for our budget as it is for our health a lot of times. However, every time I see a Red Lobster commercial, my mouth starts to water at the thought of those infamous Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

It came time to try and make my own. Ages ago I heard you could easily make your own using Bisquick mix, cheddar cheese, and garlic. This weekend I couldn't take it anymore and had to try to make some of my own. All told, they came out nearly as delicious as the originals, except I should have added more garlic. The recipe below includes the additional garlic.

Tasty, tasty biscuits.
Almost Cheddar Bay Biscuits

What you need:

 2 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk (I used buttermilk because I had some leftover)
1/2 stick butter, cubed
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp ground garlic

The Process:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Crumble the butter with the Bisquick using a fork. Mix in milk, cheese, and garlic until well combined. It will be very sticky. Drop small portions onto a greased baking sheet. They will rise, so be sure to leave some room between them. Bake for 15-18 minutes until well browned. Unused dough can be covered and refrigerated over night for use the next day. It will make about 12-16 biscuits.


After they're baked, melt a little more butter, mix in about 1/4 tsp garlic and parsley and brush it over the tops of the biscuits while still hot. Serve immediately. Swoon.

That thing about unused dough doesn't happen in my house, but hopefully you have more self control with biscuits than we do. That lack of self control almost gave me a heart attack, actually. I went to get another biscuit when suddenly a wolf spider leapt from out no where between me and the biscuits. I am not ashamed to admit that I am terrified of spiders and that I ran away screaming (like a wimp).

It was seriously the largest spider I have ever seen outside of a zoo tarantula. Thankfully Hubby-to-be was home so I didn't have to flee my apartment. He took care of it. If it had gotten away I'd have needed another place to stay that night. I did eventually get my second biscuit, but it just wasn't the same after all the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...