September 5, 2011

Halloween Circle Quilt

This little number has been hanging out in my stash since last September. On a whim, I bought a Moda Layer Cake from the Haunted Mansion collection. I had never experimented with the precuts before that, so I was really excited to try it out. I ended up having no idea what to do with it for a while. Then, I found a fabric with a concentric circles pattern on it, and the inspiration for this quilt was born.
After assembling the blocks was as simple, but then I didn't know what to do with them. The black sashing is simple to make the Halloween prints really stand out. The border and backing are both from the collection, and I made the binding from one of the collection's prints, too.



I put a border around the edges, in the orange print, to compliment the black sashing. I also made a whole mess of binding using the purple/orange polka dot print. That took a while, since I'm still doing it without the use of gadgets. I've been looking into some of them, but none have really wowed me into choosing a particular one. The backing is the same print as the orange border, but in purple.

Now I just have to break out my shiny, new Flynn Multi-Frame and quilt this baby together. I bought it ages ago, but I didn't have the space to try and use it until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...