March 20, 2012

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Now that the weather is turning nice, having hot oatmeal for breakfast has fallen to the wayside in favor of something cold and refreshing. I give you: delicious and easy smoothies. With all sorts of things coming into season, I'm sure I'll be trying many variations soon.


Strawberry-Banana Smoothie
Makes 2 generous servings, 4 Points+ each

What You'll Need:
2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries*
2 ripe bananas
1 cup fat free milk
4 Tbs sugar

*Buy them frozen or cut the tops off fresh ones and just toss them in the freezer for a few hours. They have to be frozen, because that replaces the need for icecubes. In my opinion, using ice just waters down the smoothie, so I avoid using it whenever possible.

The Process:
    Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until a smooth, liquidy consistency is achieved. For my blender, I've found that putting the strawberries on the bottom and using the ice crush setting first works best. You may have to experiment a little with your own blender to get that nice smoothie consistency every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...