October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

This recipe for Pumpkin-Bourbon Bread Pudding popped up on my blogroll and I knew it had to be made. The best part? I already had all of the ingredients on hand! Now if that isn't a recipe that demands being made that instant, I don't know what is. You might be thinking that bread pudding isn't for you, but you'd be wrong. Try this and you'll be sold, just like I was.

I had never made a bread pudding before, so I didn't really stray from the given recipe. I simply left out the bourbon because I didn't have any. It turned out really well, so well that Hubby-to-be got into it before I could take a picture. It's so incredibly easy to make that anyone can do it.

This was all that was left after Hubby-to-be came home.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
from The Baker Chick

What You'll Need:

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Pinch of ground cloves

5 cups cubed crusty bread (like a baguette)
3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted

The Process:

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients except butter and bread in a bowl and whisk together. In a separate and larger bowl, toss the bread cubes with butter until coated. Then pour the custard mixture over the bread and mix. Let it sit to soak it up for a few minutes. Then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the custard has set.

Then devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...