January 25, 2012

3D Inverse Pinwheel Quilts!

It took me a little longer to finish these quilts than I had intended, largely because I wasted so much time waiting for the fabric to arrive. I wasn't able to find it in my local quilt shops (I think I waited too long to look), so I had to order it online and apparently they shipped it from the moon.

Pink background.
 This is the one I finished first. I used a thin batting, since they're being shipped off to Hawaii tomorrow.

Brown background.
I used the stripe print for the binding on both. I tried out a new method to make the binding, and it really worked well. I think I'll do a little tutorial on it soon.


 I think I could have done a little better on the placement of some of the prints, but using the design wall will help with that in the future. Over all, I'm pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...