January 3, 2012

2011 Mish Mash in Review

I did a lot of things this year. In roughly chronological order, I started my Etsy page, started this blog, moved, got married, got a dog, and got a fancy, new sewing machine. In between those bigger milestones, I also managed quite a bit of quilting, Warhammer, and cooking.

There were never any planned goals with all of this when I started, but after seeing my friend Richard's Year in Review post, I think I should step up my game a little. It'll also serve as a reminder throughout the year that I need to get my butt into gear. I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions, but I am a fan of setting goals.

2012 Goals:
  • Blogging - I will post consistently. I'm trying to get ahead of the curve so I can have a few posts waiting in the wings in case I need a little time off (when I inevitably get sick, for example)
  • Dwarfs & Fantasy - Dwarfs will be painted, based, and ready for action. I hope it won't take me all year, but my Daemons took about 18 months to be fully finished, so we'll see.
  • Finish projects - I have too many (more than 10) unfinished projects. Only some of them have introduction to the project posts. I will finish them all. Or else...
  • No new projects - This one will be hard. Very hard. But, I will not start a new project until all of the ones carrying over from 2011 are done. I have a new machine, so this won't be too difficult, right?
  • More recipes, more photos - I haven't been the best about taking photos of my recipe posts, nor have I had too many of my own recipes up. I'm to post a little more about my own creations, and I'm going to make the time to come up with them.
  • Poor Etsy No More - Between the wedding and my broken machine, my Etsy page became somewhat ignored. I have some ideas about what I'd like to add, and I am finally going to get off my butt and do them. 
This may be a little too much to kick off with, but once I get into a stride I should be able to tackle some outstanding things while keeping up with my new projects. Plus, now that the apartment is clean, it'll be easier to work on projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...