August 25, 2011

Studio Glamour Shots

I am so excited about having my own sewing space that I wanted to take a few more photos to share. It doesn't look like the novelty of having my own sewing space will wear off any time soon. Not that I'm complaining!

I think I need another spool holder.
The stool is a new addition, too. I used to have a fold-up one, but it was cheap and broke (and almost took me out with it). One of these days, I will get around to making a chair pad to put on top of it. I think I want to do something along the lines of this pillow pouf, just with less fluff so it isn't too bulky. I think I can do one half of that pouf and staple it to the underside of the chair.



My bins could use an upgrade (they survived college with me) but otherwise, I still love these two shelving units. The white shelf on the right is a bathroom shelving unit that I saved from a family member who was throwing it out. I knew it would be perfect to give my quilting fabric a tidy home. The one on the left is one of those ClosetMaid units, and it's great. For the most part, I just have things thrown in them, but it's better than them being all over the floor or my table.

I also managed to steal some closet space from the Warhammer take-over. The fabric hanging from the re-purposed pants hangers are for the Homespun quilt and the Halloween quilt I've been working on.

I haven't gotten everything organized, but at least the space is neat enough to use. I never had the space to be this organized before. Knowing my procrastination, I probably never will get it totally organized. But at least the room is functional without everything having it's place. Now it's time to get cracking on some projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...