December 30, 2012

2012: Year of the Craft

2012 was something, wasn't it? I split the blogs into two pages, the original one here reverted back to its intended purpose- quilting and recipes. My new blog became all about wargaming and miniatures hobbying. It's a change I was hesitant to make at first, but certainly was for the best.


If you recall, at the end of 2011 I set some goals for myself for the upcoming year. Let's assess how well I did in meeting them:
  • Blogging Consistently: I definitely think I  kept up a good and consistent pace this year. Now to keep it going for 2013.
  • Finishing Dwarfs: Well, since I split the blog into two this year, this got covered over there, but no, I did not entirely finish them.
  • Finish UFOs: I actually did finish most of my Un-Finished Objects that I had laying around.
  • No new projects: Hahahahahaha. That didn't happen.
  • More recipes, more photos: I actually had a ton of recipes over the last year and they all had photos to go with them. I even added photos to recipes that lacked them.
  • Poor Etsy No More: I started up the shop again, added several new items, and had a few more sales. Over all, a good start but still needs improvement.
I would say I scored a 4 out of 6 goals. I gave myself half credit for the Dwarfs (since 80% of them are painted) and half credit for the Etsy page improvements. All in all, that's not too bad. I really flubbed the dog on not starting new projects until I finished all my old ones. But, honestly, that's to be expected.

With those goals in mind, I came up with some things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. Aside from just keeping on with that I've been doing, I've added a few things.

2013 Goals:
  • I'd like to work on expanding my quilting and sewing posts. My primary purpose in starting this blog was to catalog my sewing adventures, but 2012 was very recipe heavy. I want to post more evenly in the future.
  • More for Etsy: I added some new items recently, but I need to work on some more projects to add to my shop.
  • Mini Quilts: making a set for the whole year, ones for my personal use and ones to turn into patterns for the Etsy page.
  • Keep my UFOs to a minimum: I don't have that many UFOs right now, and I want to try and make sure that I only have a few (5 or less) projects going at one time. Right now I have 3 projects, so I'm doing well.
This seems like a very manageable set of goals. What hurdles are you setting for yourself in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...