May 31, 2011

The Only Fruit Dip You Will Ever Need

I grew up with this fruit dip at all our summer parties. The local grocery store made it themselves and sold it. I have been known to just eat it with a spoon, it's that wonderful. It's a cream cheesey delight. You can have it with cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, blueberries, and strawberries (my personal favorite) or honestly any fruit that strikes your fancy. It's great for party trays, which is why I whipped this dip up this weekend. Some friends were having a get together and I knew this is what I needed to bring (along with a nice bottle of Chardonnay).


It is a quick, easy, and nearly foolproof. I say nearly, because I made the one and only critical error when I made it this weekend: I didn't soften the cream cheese. It is nearly impossible to get it completely smooth without doing that first, so don't skip it!

What you'll need:

1, 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk or half and half (I had some left over half and half on hand, so I used that)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Whatever fruit makes your heart sing

The process:
Combine the cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. A mixer makes it go much faster, but isn't necessary. Chill before serving.

For a little variety, you can also add a little lemon juice, pineapple juice, or almond extract instead of vanilla. While this is a dip I usually enjoy during the spring and summer, I don't see why it couldn't also work for the fall, maybe with some sliced apples and pears. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...