February 14, 2012

Maple Balsamic Salmon

For my valentine, I made a little something special tonight. I had some rice left over from the other night, so I decided to incorporate that into this one. It was Spanish rice already, so I just fried it up in a hot pan again.


Funny thing is, it was supposed to be "honey balsamic salmon" but when the time came, I realized that I actually do not have honey in the house right now. Oops! It was far too late to procure any, so I had to make a quick substitution.

Maple Balsamic Salmon
Serves 2
What You'll Need:

1 salmon filet
2 cups day-old rice
2 cups brussel sprouts
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
3 Tbs maple syrup
1/2 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

The Process:
   Turn your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the brussel sprouts in half. Toss with some olive oil to coat along with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Don't accidentally overcook the sprouts, like I did. They still tasted good, they were just a little crispier than they should be.

   Now, I have a toaster oven, so I used it to cook my salmon. You could easily stick it on the tray with the sprouts, if you don't have the ability to cook them separately. If you do that, make sure you cover the salmon with some foil so it doesn't dry out.

   While those are cooking, mix up the glaze with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and a dash of salt in a pot. Cook on low to thicken. Heat up the day old rice with a little garlic and salt. When the fish and sprouts are cooked, plate with the rice. Spoon some of the glaze over the salmon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...